Our monthly Women Grow Business Twitter chat is coming up again in about two weeks, on Monday, February 13th. As often as possible we like to have a featured guest expert come by and talk to the Women Grow Business community. And this time we have somehow managed to get marketing great and four time author Stephanie Diamond to fit us into her busy schedule.
About Stephanie Diamond
Many people can claim to be marketing mavens but Stephanie Diamond can back it up with both real world experience and hands-on knowledge. Founder of Digital Works Inc., she was also once the Marketing Director at America Online (AOL).
The most referenced citation of her marketing knowledge that I came across was this: when she joined AOL, they had 1 miillion subscribers, and by the time she left they had 36 million. Of course, she’s also the author of four books – three of them are part of the famous “For Dummies” series. The fourth book is about Web Marketing for Small Business.
After asking Stephanie to come talk to us, we were conflicted about what her topic would be. I was led to ask her to be a guest expert when some community members asked me about her.
Curiousity centered around the back story of how she came to author Dragon Naturally Speaking for Dummies, and Prezi for Dummies, as well as co-author Social Media Marketing for Dummies. She also wrote Web Marketing for Small Businesses: 7 Steps to Explosive Growth. Naturally, many of the aspiring business authors in our community wanted to pick her brain a little.
My professional connection to her, however, is through her expertise in web marketing – after all, this IS what she’s known for, and no discussion with her would be complete without its mention.
In order to hit on both points of interest, Stephanie came up with a brilliant idea that touches on the intersection of these two worlds. Our discussion will be about How to Be an Effective Digital Storyteller. That way we can touch on her journey as a successful author, and still have a conversation about one of the elements of marketing that she believes is central to success.
We’ll talk about how you can connect with Stephanie Diamond in a moment. Let’s make sure you know how to participate in our Twitter chats first.
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, Tweetchat, Tweetgrid, Tweetdeck, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag.
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz. (In Twitter you can use the search at the top of the screen, in Tweetchat or Tweetgrid, once you’re logged in, you’ll see an area for you to enter the hashtag at the top of the screen.)
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, send us a link to your site, and share what your company does, as well as to meet the other chatters.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wbgiz is the official channel, @Tinu is my personal handle), and featured guest(s) if any, in this case Stephanie Diamond(@DiamondSF), so you can send questions or follow up with them later.
- Have yourself a ball. Twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter than a teleconference or webinar.
Where to Read More About Stephanie
Stephanie’s home on the web is Marketing Message Mindset, where you can find an instant webinar to help you hit the ground running in your marketing mission. You can follow her posts at the Marketing Message Blog as well. And then there’s the Stephanie Diamond Amazon author page. Social Marketing for Dummies isn’t available yet, but you can pre-order it.
See you at the chat!
Excerpt is from “Web Marketing for Small Businesses: 7 Steps for Explosive Business Growth”.