Our monthly Women Grow Business twitter chat takes place this coming Monday, January 9th, 2012, at noon Eastern time. As usual we have a guest expert, and I feel very lucky and excited to have this particular author make room for us in her schedule.
It is our honor and privilege to have Maddie Grant, co-author of the book Humanize: How People-centric Organizations Succeed in a Social World.
About Humanize – Win a Free Copy!
Those of you who know me know that I read books by the cart. So it is quite a statement for me to say that of the hundreds of business books I’ve read in the past few years, this is one of the best, and truly one of the most relevant of our time. It’s not just another book about social media.
It’s an examination about how the very idea of what a company or organization actually is needs to change for this new social world. Instead of just raising the questions, it also proposes practical how-to exercises that individuals at any level of an organization can use to spark change.
Here’s an important tip for you if you want to win a free copy.
Women Grow Business is going to be giving away two copies during the Twitter Chat. One copy will be to someone randomly selected from the attendees of the chat that day. The second will go out to the first person who remembers to mention that I got the date of Monday’s chat wrong and thought it conflicted with another webinar Maddie has next week.
To win the other copy of the book you must be the first person to mention this to me between noon and 1 PM on Monday, January 9, 2012 during the twitter chat. Make sure you use the #wgbiz hashtag or I won’t see it, and your book will go to someone else.
More about Maddie in a moment. Right now here are some quick steps for participating in our monthly twitter chat.
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, Tweetchat, Tweetgrid, Tweetdeck, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag.
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz. (In Twitter you can use the search at the top of the screen, in Tweetchat or Tweetgrid, once you’re logged in, you’ll see an area for you to enter the hashtag at the top of the screen.)
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, send us a link to your site, and share what your company does, as well as to meet the other chatters.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wbgiz is the official channel, @Tinu is my personal handle), and featured guest(s) if any, in this case Maddie Grant (@MaddieGrant), so you can send questions or follow up with them later.
- Have yourself a ball. Twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter than a teleconference or webinar.
More About Maddie
Also the co-author of Open Community, Maddie is the lead editor for SocialFishing, one of the most visited and respected blogs written for association executives, where she gets to express her viewpoint as a classic Gen-X early adopter and “shiny new toy” addict.
As the chief social media strategist for SocialFish, Maddie draws from more than 10 years of experience in marketing, communications, and international business operations to help associations large and small build capacity for using social media to achieve business results.
See you on Monday – mark your calendars now! Or leave a comment if you would like to be on the reminder Twitter list for the chat. Questions for Maddie are also welcome, of course.
Sample Chapter of Humanize