This Monday, we had the honor and pleasure of welcoming Ja-Naé Duane to be our guest expert on the subject of “No Women, No Excuse: Creating female leadership positions where there are none“.
It was quite a lively conversation, and got a bit controversial, which is always great for discussion. We talked about
- whether the self-separation of women into women-only groups was more helpful or harmful,
- forming alliances with both genders to get ahead in careers
- women as part of the problem in creating leadership positions
In terms of advice for the audience, Ja-Naé had this to share;
You cannot create change alone. Find a team of like-minded individuals to help (men & women). #wgbiz
— Ja-Nae Duane (@TheSunQueen) March 11, 2013
It was just one of the many gems she had for our group. We’re really hoping to have her back as soon as we can.
Get Your Copy of the Women in Business chat for March
As always, we have a copy of the transcript for you to read if you missed the chat – we hope to see you there next time. As you look over the archived tweets, be sure to interact with people participating in the conversation. You just never know where a quick connection over social media might take you when you start out with a common interest.
You can get a PDF, Excel or print copy of the chat from its archive page on Tweetreach.
Attend the Next Women Grow Business Chat, Live
Will we have as much fun at this next chat as we did at the last one? The only way to find out is to be there. Next month we’re planning on having a special guest come and talk to us about money. I’ll give you more details as we get closer to the date so watch this spot.
Every second Monday of the month at noon, the Women Grow Business community has a Twitter chat. We usually have a guest expert, announced on our blog prior to the chat.
To be get an email reminder of when the chat is approaching, you can also sign up for free on our Eventbrite page. I’ve entered the date for all the chats to come, if you’d just like to mark your calendar.
Not sure what to do in a Twitter chat? We’ve got that covered too. By far the easiest way to follow it, if you’re not familiar with Twitter, is to go to our #wgbiz Twitter chat room on Tweetchat at noon on the second Monday of the month.
But participating is even more fun!
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, Tweetchat, Tweetgrid, Tweetdeck, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag. You don’t NEED a Twitter account to attend, but it sure is handy for the ability to ask questions.
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz. (In Twitter you can use the search at the top of the screen, in Tweetchat or Tweetgrid, you’ll see an area for you to enter the hashtag at the top of the screen – with Tweetchat you don’t even need to log in. In Tweetdeck, you can create a column that searches for that hashtag)
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, send us a link to your site, and share your latest project, as well as to meet the other chatters.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wgbiz is the official channel, while @Tinu is my personal handle), and then featured guest(s). This way, you can easily follow the conversation, send questions during the chat, or follow up later.
- Have fun – chat with others, answer questions and participate! Our free twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter fare than a teleconference or webinar.