You are going to LOVE this month’s Women in Business Twitter chat. It’s on Monday, March 11 at noon Eastern, and our topic is “No Women, No Excuse: Creating female leadership positions where there are none“, with guest expert, Ja-Naé Duane.
I’d love to relay your questions to our guest expert, so please reply with questions here or on Twitter, if you’re not sure you’ll make it to the chat. I can ask on your behalf if there’s time, then you can read our archived copy.
But if you’ve ever been to one of our chat? You know it’s much more fun to show up live and join us. You never know
when we’ll be giving stuff away what could happen, or who you might virtually meet.
Where to Start with Ja-Naé Duane?
Well put this one down in the record books. This month’s guest expert, Ja-Naé Duane, is so accomplished that at first I had no idea what to include in her bio, and what to leave out. Seriously, it took me two days just to read it all. You know how you get so overwhelmed with a task that you’re tempted to go take a nap?
So lets do this – we’ll talk about how great Ja-Naé is, in relation to what we’re going to discuss, then I’ll let you see her in a video, followed by a list of mind-boggling random facts about her.
More About Ja-Naé
Ja-Naé has been a public speaker since she was 13 years old. In the years that followed, she has appeared in the Associated Press, The Boston Globe Start Up Princess and Classical Singer Magazine, just to name a few. Some of you may remember when one of her books was reviewed by Network Solutions.
She is also the founder of Wild Women Entrepreneurs, which she started with $100— it has now grown to 55 chapters in 7 countries. She has also guest Lectured at Emerson College on Entrepreneurship, and oh yeah, received the Key to the City of West Haven. Twice.
You can see now why I feel she is fully qualified to speak with us on our subject, ”No Women, No Excuse: Creating female leadership positions where there are none“, which she also suggested.
She has two books out now on Amazon, “How to Start Your Business with $100″, and most recently, “How to Create a Revolution: A Step-by-Step Guide from History’s Influencers”. (If you’re quick, you’ll find out on Monday why I linked directly to her Amazon page.)
Here’s a quick video of her discussing Transmedia Storytelling.
(If you can’t see the video above because you’re reading this via syndication, click here to come to the live site.)
Also, it’s okay if you want to lay down while you read the rest of this, because it’s about to get deep. Just make sure you’ve put our Twitter event on your calendar.
Now, that’s just the part of her experience as an entrepreneur, leader, author and speaker that I was able to quickly verify and link to somewhere online. Here are some more random facts about her:
- Ja-Naé Duane is a singer, a Mezzo Soprano to be exact. Didn’t even tell me. I dug that one up on my own.
- She has performed at the White House. When she was 17 years old.
- Ja-Naé has a Bachelor of Arts in Opera. Has a Masters too.
- She co-founded the Massachusetts Artist Leaders Coalition
- Not to mention that she’s both an ordained minister and a published poet
This is the part where you tell me how great I am for snagging such a wonderful guest expert to interview. Or you can come to the chat live on Monday, March 11, 2013 at Noon Eastern, and learn more about how we women are going to kick our change of the world through leadership into high gear!
Attend Our Next Women Grow Business Chat, Live
If you’re new here, I just want to take a quick second to let you know that this is a regular thing, this chat, one we’d love to see you at on Monday.
Every second Monday of the month at noon, the Women Grow Business community has a Twitter chat. We usually have a guest expert, announced on our blog prior to the chat, who we interview about the topic du jour. You can subscribe to our blog, our Facebook or Twitter page, if you’d like to get the announcement of our next guest delivered to you.
To be reminded when the chat is approaching, you can also sign up for free on our Eventbrite page.
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, Tweetchat, Tweetgrid, Tweetdeck, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag. (If you’re not on twitter, the Tweetchat link to #wgbiz is easiest. But it’s way more fun to sign up and join us!)
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz. (In Twitter you can use the search at the top of the screen, in Tweetchat or Tweetgrid, once you’re logged in, you’ll see an area for you to enter the hashtag at the top of the screen. In Tweetdeck, you can create a column that searches for that hashtag)
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, send us a link to your site, and share your latest project, as well as to meet the other chatters.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wgbiz is the official channel, while @Tinu is my personal handle), and then featured guest, Ja-Naé Duane (@TheSunQueen). This way, you can easily follow the conversation, send questions during the chat, or follow up later.
- Have fun! Our free twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter fare than a teleconference or webinar.